The Wiltshire Bobby Van Trust
The Bobby Van Trust, provides a courtesy home security service for older, vulnerable and disadvantaged people in Swindon and Wiltshire.
The aims of the Bobby Van are:
- To reduce the fear of crime
- To reduce the incidence of re-victimisation
- To reduce the incidence of burglary among older, vulnerable and disadvantaged people in Swindon and Wiltshire
- The Bobby operator visit’s the property and assesses the needs of the client by means of a security survey
- Supply and fit all locks and fittings necessary to secure the property
- Advise the client on good practice regarding personal and property safety
- Provide information on other agencies that may be able to help the client
For further Bobby Van criteria and referral information visit www.wiltshirebobbyvan.org.uk
Swindon Police Crime Prevention Department
Swindon crime prevention officers are well qualified to give guidance and advice on effective physical and electronic security measures such as alarms, CCTV systems and marking equipment.
A home security survey can be arranged at no cost, with advice based on the most appropriate, realistic and cost effective means to protect the home.
For further information please contact Swindon Crime Prevention Department.
PC Steve Fletcher
Telephone 0845 408 7000
Direct Dial: 01793 – 507944